Latinos are the fastest growing segment of the Western North Carolina population. Agencies need to be up to date on best practices for serving this community and informed on culturally competent methods for providing the most comprehensive care.
Our VOICE is proud to present a training on Tuesday October 29th from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm at MAHEC for service providers who are interested in learning more about working with Latin@s affected by domestic and sexual violence.
This interactive training will cover the following:
- WNC Latino Community & Trends
- Dynamics of Domestic and Sexual Violence within the Latino Community
- How to support the whole person
- Preparing your agency to serve Latinos
- Review of legal issues Latinos face
- Counseling perspectives for Latinos
There is a $45 registration fee and this covers breakfast, snacks, and all training materials. Participants will have ample time during the lunch break to visit the many restaurants near the MAHEC campus. For more information, to inquire about scholarships, or to have Our VOICE submit a payment request or invoice to your place of business, please contact us at (828) 252-0562.
Click here to register –