Our VOICE and Robert Carpenter, of Adams, Hendon, Carson, Crow & Sanger P.A., will be offering a Sexual Harassment training for local businesses on March 20th, 2013. Please see below for more information. 3 Hours of credit from HRCI are available!
When: Wednesday March 20, 2013 9am -12pm (with networking light breakfast (coffee/bagels) at 8:30)
Where: AB Tech Enka Campus – Haynes Building (2nd floor conference room)
Who: Robert “Bo” Carpenter, Employment Lawyer with Adams, Hendon, Carson, Crow & Saegner, P.A. (www.wncemploymentattorney.com) and Shilpa Reddy, Prevention Education Coordinator with Our VOICE (the Buncombe County Rape Crisis & Prevention Center)
What: Sexual harassment is the most commonly reported form of harassment in the workplace. Managers and supervisors must be aware of the sexual harassment laws, be able to identify and address reports of sexual harassment, and implement preventative measures to protect the employer from liability. While this sounds like a simple task, it can quickly become complicated with dozens of “what if” scenarios and questions of legal implications and best practices. The goal of this workshop is to educate managers and supervisors on laws related to sexual harassment, suggest preventative measures to protect employers from liability and train managers and supervisors to better identify and response to complaints of sexual.
This interactive workshop will train managers, supervisors, and other Human Resource professionals in the following areas:
- · State and federal laws, rules, and regulations on sexual harassment;
- · Identifying the types and forms of sexual harassment;
- · Employers’ duties in conducting timely and appropriate investigations;
- · Examples of corrective action to take;
- · Remedies for the victim(s) of sexual harassment;
- · Practical strategies for preventing sexual harassment in the workplace;
- · Analysis of different scenarios to develop the skills necessary to respond to cases of sexual harassment, as well as the skills to identify which preventative measures would have been helpful.
Cost: $35 for SHRM members, $45 for non-members. Registration is through PayPal or email firstname.lastname@example.org