Title: Marketing and Events Coordinator
Position Status: Non-exempt, Part-time (20 hrs./week). This position can be part time from home and part time in the office per the Director of Development.
Reports to: Director of Development
To apply, please send PDF versions of your resume, a cover letter, and a writing sample to email@example.com. No phone calls or in-person inquiries, please.
Deadline is November 15, 2021 at 5pm EST.
The Marketing and Events Coordinator supports the Development Director in all of Our VOICE’s funding initiatives. This individual is responsible for all agency marketing (including social media, lite graphic design, periodic website updates, and monthly e-newsletter) and all agency fundraising events.
- Staff must be passionate about empowering survivors of sexual violence and human trafficking as well prevention efforts to end these types of abuses
- Commitment to anti-oppression principles in all areas of our internal and external work as well as commitment to self-growth in this area
- Minimum 2 years of social media, marketing, or event experience
- Minimum 2 years experience with graphic design software
- Experience with contact management system for social media, e-newsletter, etc.
- Excellent organizational and office skills
- Good written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Independent, self-motivated, proactive worker
- Has own reliable car to carry out job tasks
- General development support:
- Provide support to the Director of Development in all fundraising initiatives
- Support all annual appeals and annual Our VOICE events
- Support the timely acknowledgement of businesses and individuals who support Our VOICE through marketing and written letters of acknowledgement
- Proficient use of donor database and the collection and analysis of data in development
- Maintain and update databases, including contact management system mailing lists
- Manage logistics for each fundraising event as needed
- Coordinate and execute planning of each event (includes, but is not limited to venue booking, sponsor stewardship, volunteer management, merchandising/sales, and day-of logistics)
- Promote events through social media, e-newsletter, and website
- Partner with Development Director to implement activities in the communications calendar
- Prepare written materials including some marketing copy, business communications, reports, and presentation scripts
- Write and distribute press releases
- Be responsible for ensuring accuracy in information and proofreading
- Maintain appropriate levels of professional expertise and participate in ongoing professional development
- Attend monthly staff meetings and participate in Our VOICE agency trainings
- Perform additional duties as assigned; duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice