Want to join a dynamic team of professionals working to support victims of sexual violence and to prevent it from happening in the first place? Our VOICE is often seeking the right candidates to join our team or contract as our allies.
Relief Staff PRN
Position Status: Contract As Needed
Responsible to: Program Director
Relief Staff PRN is a contract exempt position reporting directly to the Program Director. The primary responsibilities of the job include serving as first point of contact for individuals seeking support at the Buncombe County Family Justice Center or by calling the Our VOICE crisis line. The Relief staff will be responsible for conducting intakes, informing victims of confidentiality protections, providing hospital accompaniment, providing court or law enforcement accompaniment, and coordinating initial service provision.
- Demonstrated clear, concise, and accurate written and oral communication in English.
- Ability to make independent decisions within the framework of policies, procedures, budgetary constraints, and grant restrictions.
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Ability to work flexible hours, and flexibility to adapt to project and community needs
- Independent, self-motivated worker
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Prior experience working in sexual violence field
- Bilingual Spanish speaker
- Act as designated first point of contact for survivors seeking support from the Buncombe County Family Justice Center.
- Conduct initial intake and collect demographic information, service requests and history/background from survivors.
- Ensure that survivors are informed about the differing confidentiality protections available from the service providers at the Buncombe County Family Justice Center.
- Escort survivors into the secure areas of the Buncombe County Family Justice Center, ensure that they are placed in a safe and comfortable area and that children are appropriately supervised during intakes for adults.
- Coordinate provision of services after intake by ensuring that staff from organizations providing services are notified that a survivor requests their support.
- Inform survivors of the security features available in the service area and turn on/off security features to match survivor and staff comfort levels.
- Escort support people (friends/relatives, etc.) of survivors seeking services to appropriate waiting areas.
- Communicate with security personnel as needed to produce a safe and welcoming environment.
- Coordinate services, referrals and advocacy for survivors.
- Provide clients with support in securing transportation, childcare, and appointment accompaniment.
- Maintain client activity statistics and enter those statistics into the services database.
- Secure interpreting services as needed for non-English speaking survivors.
- Maintain positive and appropriate relationships with Our VOICE constituents, including clients, co-workers, staff from partnering agencies, Board members, volunteers, donors, and other community stakeholders.
- Provide support, information, advocacy and/ or referrals for persons accessing services as necessary.
- Serve as staff back-up and direct coverage to the crisis line as necessary.
- Once adequate training is complete, this position may be responsible for night/weekend on-call responsibilities.
- Maintain accurate written records and statistics as required on a timely basis.
- Participate in staff meetings and other internal meetings as appropriate.
- Support the preparation of funding proposals and program planning functions.
- Attend training/workshops as appropriate to enhance job performance.
- Other duties as required/requested by supervisory staff.
Our VOICE is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to the success of Our VOICE providing survivor-centered culturally competent services while working to end sexual violence in all communities. Our VOICE seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.