Changes to Services to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
(en Española abajo)
Our VOICE is pausing in person services at this time due to Covid exposure on our staff. Our crisis line (828) 255-7576 and business line (828) 252-0562 will continue to be answered and we are happy to provide virtual meetings. We are hoping to reopen next week in person if it is safe.
Nuestra VOZ está pausando los servicios en persona en este momento debido a la exposición de Covid en nuestro personal. Nuestra línea de crisis (828) 255-7576 y la línea de negocios (828) 252-0562 continuarán siendo contestadas y estamos felices de proveer reuniones virtuales. Esperamos reabrir la próxima semana en persona si es seguro.
We are still here for you during these uncertain times!
As we continue to receive updates regarding coronavirus, Our VOICE would like to inform survivors, community partners and supporters that we are making temporary changes to our services in order to minimize the risk of transmission of the virus. Until further notice, Our VOICE’s services will reflect the following:
- Crisis Hotline: Our crisis line will operate as usual, 24/7 at 828-255-7576.
- (not currently available) FJC Walk-in Services: Walk-in services at the Family Justice Center at 35 Woodfin Street, Asheville, NC 28801 are still available and will require a COVID-19 screening upon arrival. Call our crisis line at 828-255-7576 for more information.
- Individual Counseling Services: Counselors are providing individually remotely, via Simple Practice. Please call our office at 828-252-0562 or our crisis line at 828-255-7576 to start the counseling referral process or to connect with your counselor.
- Support Groups: Groups are being offered virtually via secure telehealth. Please contact email@example.com for more information about our current groups!
- Legal Advocacy: Court advocacy and law enforcement advocacy services will be offered on a limited basis. Please call our office at 828-252-0562 or our crisis line at 828-255-7576 to start a request for legal advocacy services or to connect with your advocate.
- Case Management: Case management services (including anti-human trafficking case management) will be offered remotely, either online or via phone. Please call our office at 828-252-0562 or our crisis line at 828-255-7576 to request case management services or to connect with your current case manager.
- Forensic Evaluations & Medical Consultations: Forensic examination with a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) is available at no cost to survivors at the Family Justice Center, Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm and does not require reporting with law enforcement. In-person medical advocacy is available for survivors presenting at the Family Justice Center, please call 828-252-0562 for more information. Medical advocacy is being offered vis secure telehealth for survivors presenting at Mission Hospital.
- Prevention Programming: In-person prevention programs will be put on hold until further notice, however, we have the ability to host prevention workshops via Zoom, for anyone interested please fill out a request form here.
Donations: If you are interested in making a monetary donation, we would encourage you to make it here or for you to contact us at 828-252-0562 or rvoice@ourvoicencorg. Our VOICE depends on community support, and your donation today will ensure that vital services are available during this time.
Our VOICE is dedicated to the health and well-being of all people. We will continue to serve survivors, reduce the rates of assault in our region, and offer education programs that are designed to empower our youth to live happy, safe, and productive lives. We will also continue to work to dismantle the oppressions that contribute to sexual violence and human trafficking.
To inspire hope and healing while ending sexual violence and human trafficking through education, counseling, and advocacy.
Crisis Line: 828.255.7576
Crisis Support – Counseling – Case Management – Advocacy (Medical, Court) – Educational Programs – Training – Latinx Services – Events – Community Engagement